Hill-stream loach ID help

neidzwiedz

I have four ‘hill-stream loaches’. The 2 others are patterned the same as the top one and about the same size. Since it is bigger and has a different pattern, I’m wondering if it’s a a separate genus/species or different gender? They were all bought at the same time and only labeled as ‘hill-stream loach’. Any ID help would be appreciated. 
4D9C4C5E-CCE9-4E21-9DEA-AB0DB39ACC83.jpeg.646243c15312f73dd07d6344354ec7ee.jpeg

On 3/13/2023 at 6:46 PM, Colu said:

The one with the spots at the front and stripes at the back could a female Gastromyzon zebrinus the one with the spots could be Gastromyzon scitsulus  I just read that they come in as contaminants with zebrinus  @neidzwiedz

Thanks guys!

That’s the way I was leaning but I haven’t kept them before and online pictures tend to be too varied for a novice like me 🤣

On 3/15/2023 at 12:29 PM, neidzwiedz said:

Thanks guys!

That’s the way I was leaning but I haven’t kept them before and online pictures tend to be too varied for a novice like me 🤣

There's a lot of similar looking hill stream loachs it can get confusing when it comes to and ID 

Here is a better picture of two of the smaller ones, they are the same size for all practical purposes. 
Also a frame of video of the one on the rock taking evasive action.  I think I saw somewhere that on species has pale blue dorsal an caudal fins, I increased the vibrance a tiny bit and cropped it but that’s all the editing.

10B1E3A2-F3DC-4179-8C89-171EB3999899.jpeg

AC98EC9F-7C65-4251-8988-9342386BFE24.jpeg

7BADA97A-7DC3-4FB2-80C7-B11A303EED16.jpeg

Edited by neidzwiedz