2 x Corydoras - atropersonatus and nijsseni?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
AmLi
My cats species list: 76 (i:15, k:29)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:36)
My Wishlist: 3
Spotted: 31
Location 1: Sweden
Location 2: Motala

2 x Corydoras - atropersonatus and nijsseni?

Post by AmLi »

I have resently bought two groups of Corydoras. The first group was sold as C. atropersonatus. They do look like the C. sp. cf. atropersonatus at the picture at page 58 in Corydoras - The most popular armoured catfishes of South America by Werner Seuβ.

Here is a picture of one of mine:

The other group was sold as C. nijsseni but this is how one of them look like:

Please help me identify my new corys.
/ AmLi
kim m
My cats species list: 49 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Denmark
Interests: Pike and Carpfishing, Aquariums (mainly corys)

Post by kim m »

I think you have C. kanei instead of C. atropersonatus. My reason being the heavy spotting and the black colour in the first dorsal fin rays.

The second fish would be either C-126 (my personal bet) or C. bilineatus. Perhaps C. napoensis, but I don't think so. In any way, definately not C. nijsenni.
Best regards,
Kim M
-----------
Catfish Study Group
Guardians of Catfish
Skive Akvarieforening
AmLi
My cats species list: 76 (i:15, k:29)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:36)
My Wishlist: 3
Spotted: 31
Location 1: Sweden
Location 2: Motala

Tackar!

Post by AmLi »

Thanks Kim m!

My own guess was, as a matter of fact, C. kanei and C. bilineatus, but it was very interesting your idea of C-126. I have to check that up!

I think it´s very amazing that LFS are able to constantly label and sell fishes with wrong names. This past week I have seen maybe ten cory species labeled wrong, and then I have only entered two shops... :D

/A
/ AmLi
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Re: Tackar!

Post by Marc van Arc »

AmLi wrote: I think it´s very amazing that LFS are able to constantly label and sell fishes with wrong names.
Too bad they hardly ever price them wrong :wink:

Return to “What is my catfish?”