• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID or location help on my A. atahualpa

DaRe

5 Year Member
I have now after months of digging been able to find out the location of my wild cauight Apistogramma atahualpa. According to my findings they should be from Rio Momon:
https://maps.google.se/maps?q=Rio+N...F-8&ei=LDyHUoX5NcST4AT3woC4Cg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Can this be correct? Does atahualpa exist in these waters? I believe so but am not sure.
a_atahualpa02small_crop-david_rejdemyhr.jpg

2013-08-13 11.55.22.jpg

2013-08-13 11.55.17.jpg

And one of the females:
2013-08-13 11.50.56.jpg

Tom C

5 Year Member
I've never heard of any collection report of Apistogramma atahualpa being found in the Rio Momon-drainage. I've never found it there, either.

Apistogramma atahualpa is found in extreme blackwater in small streams in the hilly area south-west of Iquitos, between the Rio Nanay and the Rio Itaya. I have collected this species on many occasions the last 8 years...

I have market the actual area yellow here:

resizeimage.aspx

Here is a picture taken from north, showing the Rio Momon entering the Rio Nanay, which itself enter the huge Rio Amazonas:

resizeimage.aspx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….