FS Electric Blue Crayfish (Procambarus Alleni) - Las Vegas, NV - Ship or Pickup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
These are adorable to keep and great fun to watch. Not able to get actual photos of mine, but this comes from the web.

Procambarus%20alleni.jpg

Unsexed juveniles approximately 3/4-1 inch in size: $6 each or 3 for $15.

If you'd like me to choose one for you that's either male or female, please add $5 extra (one-time charge).

$7 for standard shipping USPS Priority Mail (insulated but no heat packs, so mind your temps). For express shipping, please provide zip code for quote. Live arrival is guaranteed only with express shipping. USA only.

Note: Planning to ship them out on Monday, March 8th, so let me know if want me to make other arrangements.

Any questions or additional info needed, feel free to PM me or post in the thread. Thanks!

bluecray.gif

bluecray.gif Procambarus%20alleni.jpg

Last edited:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
About 6 to 8 inches with the males slightly larger than females. Generally, they don't grow to their maximum size in captivity.

One cray does well in a 10 gallon tank by itself or you could put 2-3 together in a 20 gallon long. Either way, be sure to give them something to hide in and crawl around... especially if you're housing more than one.

I just found this great youtube video to show what they look like and how they behave.

[yt]FNmdEWLLYjk[/yt]

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Update:

Had a PM from someone asking me to waive the fee to sex them on a multiple order. I decided to just charge $5 as a one-time thing instead.

Figured I'd do that the same way for everyone else too, however many crays you want.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Do these do well with shrimp...?
Sure, until they eat them all. LMAO.

But seriously, no. They are semi-aggressive and I wouldn't mix them with any bottom dwellers. So avoid shrimp, plecos, cories... also keep them away from cichlids and bettas or the cray will get battered or killed. They're extremely vulnerable themselves during molts.

The crays are opportunistic scavengers... meaning they'll go for just about anything within reach, but rarely succeed in catching fish that are healthy. If a tankmate becomes sick or dies, that will get eaten by the cray. They also eat plants and veggies, so keep that in mind as well if your tank is heavily planted.

I keep mine in a big tank with Endlers who mostly stay around the upper portion of the tank anyway. They do okay in general freshwater community tanks that are kept on the cooler side. Anything that requires higher temps wouldn't work in the same tank.

Sarahann31190

Animal collector
May 28, 2009
Apple Valley, CA
Ah! That video is great! It really makes me want one. If only i had another tank set up:(

theemon

AC Members
Jun 14, 2009
dwarf should be no where in the title.

would you be interested in trading adults? i breed these and sell them myself. i try to get new blood as often as i can. you should try too.

azolla

Invertafreak
Feb 26, 2010
Cape Cod, MA
COOL

Awesome critters. How do I get a pair of these. Please!!!!!!!:thm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store