• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Crenicara Punctulatum

rsretep

Members
anyone have any of these checkerboards??????

have a pair but no breeding activity,have them in a planted 40 gallon with some assorted catfish....

have noticed over the last few days that the female is taking shots at the male and ramming him whenever she gets a chance, is this possibly a mating indicator????

Add some bait to make them work together instead of against each other. I put a couple of the crenicichla istlanum's I got last weekend into a tank with a Salvini pair and they flared into breeding colors right away.

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robert Peterson @ Sep 18 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Add some bait to make them work together instead of against each other. I put a couple of the crenicichla istlanum's I got last weekend into a tank with a Salvini pair and they flared into breeding colors right away.[/b]

Do you then house the istlanums with the Salvini or seperate them after the deed is done?

rsretep

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pete g @ Sep 23 2008, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pete g @ Sep 23 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[attachment=390:079.JPG]http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1958/11615894/20611185/335769683.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1958/1161...5/335769679.jpg[/b]

playing with some pictures not exactly sure how i did it but here is one got maybe ten more if i can get them to load
[/b][/quote]

0472.jpg

043.jpg

0402.jpg

038.jpg

marge618

CCA member
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your nicely planted 40G tank and checker boards.
What kind of catfish?

:addpics2:

rsretep

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marge618 @ Sep 30 2008, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your nicely planted 40G tank and checker boards.
What kind of catfish?

:addpics2:[/b]

catfish are three albino cories,one green cory,one horse face loach,one whiptail cat,and two bristlenose

thanks for the reply marge