Apistogramma panduro again

Hi guys,

Just found out about this forum and here are some of my Apistogramma panduro to share.

And obviously these have been here before my arrival, thanks to kevkoi..

Cheers,

San Merah Discus
    I went and had a second look at my panduros.... How'd u make all those colours come out??

U make the fish look a million dollars with that camera of yours.... See you on the weekend. U gotta show me how u do this.

Sure. Let me know what time so that I can plan my day.

Cheers,

Medium Discus
    There seems to be two distinctive variants of panduro around. One has the black patch in the tail while the other don't.

A few years ago when I was able to obtain the first lot of panduro, all has that dark patched tail. Recently all I've seen around no longer has this one.

For comparision, take a look at thekrib site:

http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/A-pandurini.html

between the bottom fish versus the rest.

Thomas.

Just an Egg

re: A. Panduro

It could very well be the A. nijssenni.

Here is a picture of my wildcaught Apistogramma panduro. The pair was placed in a holding tank with only a filter and half a handful of gravel. However amazingly, they have bred. She laid the eggs on the silicon in the corner and now are leading the babies around. I would prefer to have bred these guys in a more natural setting with other fish in there as well.

The photos is not a good quality one as you have no lighting, the water is stained with tannins.

Cheers,
    Vien.

Medium Discus
    Hey Vien,

That panduro of yours is exactly the ones I've had a few years back. If you can raise some young ones, can you hold some for me please??

Ones I've got now are like Benny's picture. Unfortunately I got them when very young and was hoping they will grow into the panduro I expect.

Thomas.

Medium Discus
    Thomas
    Its also like the ones I got the other day with the big black patch on the tail.

Mike

Just an Egg

Pand

Weird, thought mine looks just like Benny's. The black caudal spots do fade with conditions. I'm no expert though.

Just keeping them at the moment and whatever babies I manage to grow up will be a bonus. Think two batches on the way.

I have 3 pairs at the moment. Hoping to grow all the babies up, then pair them so that I will not have to inbreed. Guess more tanks are needed. Lol.

Guess waiting period is still months. But I should have plenty by then.

Cheers,
    Vien.

Just an Egg

re:

The fish are wildcaught A. panduro which I purchased a while back from SLS.

Was there a locale for them? And where can I get some more? I have 3 pairs. There must be a few people who bought them. Anyone got fry they want to eventually swap?

Cheers,
    Vien.