Biotodoma Cupido

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Beautiful species. I would love a group of these myself.
I wish you luck with them.
You have great taste in fish Lilyann.
Well, Im sure you forget because its been a few months ago ( and you help a lot of people set up tanks) but you suggested them to me for my tank. Ive been planning on putting them in but, Ive been putting my fish in stages as its newly set up. So, thanks again for the help! :)

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
No problem. I think they are a beautiful little fish especially when they mature and get a nice warm colour to their flanks and the blue face markings.
How many did you get?

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
I ordered 8 from the Wet Spot but they only had four, so only four now but I plan on getting more. Do you think that sounds like a good group number? They are the last fish I am getting for my tank-- it is a 180 gallon.

This is what is in the tank now:

12 Phenacogrammus aurantiacus
8 Hemigrammopetersius pulcher
18 Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis "orange red"
5 geophagus sveni
8 brochis splendens
6 Hypoptopoma gulare
4 biotodoma cupido

Last edited:

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I ordered 8 from the Wet Spot but they only had four, so only four now but I plan on getting more. Do you think that sounds like a good group number? They are the last fish I am getting for my tank-- it is a 180 gallon.

This is what is in the tank now:

12 Phenacogrammus aurantiacus
8 Hemigrammopetersius pulcher
18 Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis "orange red"
5 geophagus sveni
8 brochis splendens
6 Hypoptopoma gulare
4 biotodoma cupido
Sounds perfect and that's a really nice list of stock. I bet it's a lovely tank to watch.
Brochis splendens are great little fish too.

I would love to see an update on this tank if you get the chance. It's the kind of set up I really like.

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
I will do a video of the whole tank as well as close -up of the biotodoma cupido this evening if you would like? As you can see from the other video, I am not that great at it, but I will do my best! And, possibly, some pics.

Also, as stanzzz suggested, I will periodically add updates to see how they are developing. They are doing great this morning-- not quite so shy :)

Reactions: Stanzzzz7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store