pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
FSM;2752477; said:
don't females also have more color?
ya, they get pink bellies (actually goes all around their "mid-section"), but that's not a good way to sex as they don't always show it, especially when they're less mature

bigspizz has some good pix of a mature female showing good coloration

Mumtron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2008
GHOSTING
Females are more red. Nice xingu though. Looks like a mean little sucker. I can't decide if i want a xingu or a marmorata.

CrystalizedHairs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
Nice male! Just wait until he gets older. My huge male is typically dark emerald green with red and black fins.

Here's a very old pic of my two females. The female on the right was killed by a pair of oscars while I was pairing the other with my male, so I only have the one female now.

maddog10

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Maryland
I have a fish that looks identical to the original post. The stripe on the dorsal is usually black but it changes to white on occasion. I think it is 50-50 whether it is male or female.

This is a female.

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
Wow these pikes are soo pretty! I want one of them pretty badly! No one stocks them here and shipping is outrageous...

charlesxpl

Feeder Fish
Nov 30, 2008
windsor, ontario, Canada
nice pike you have, heres mine
orbit;2918357; said:
Wow these pikes are soo pretty! I want one of them pretty badly! No one stocks them here and shipping is outrageous...
im actually selling her, would like to keep her but fights to much. i live in windsor, not sure if your interested in coming this far.

9989h4k_20.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store