Satanoperca daemon 2" -> 8"

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Awesome shots! I've always loved Daemons.

Adhlc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Not to derail your photo thread, but what's the best way to keep these guys? Pairs or groups?

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
Adhlc;4010524; said:
Not to derail your photo thread, but what's the best way to keep these guys? Pairs or groups?
Good question...I've kept/keeping S. jurupari, S. daemon and S. acuticeps in pairs, and S. leucosticta in group. Didn't notice a big difference.

I do regret not getting more juvie S. daemon to begin with. It's probably going to cost too much to expand the group now....

ktluvsfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2008
Southern CA
That is one gorgeous fish! Have you bred him yet?

That is a really good idea to track the growth on a monthly basis like that. I'll have to try that with some of my juvies that I'm growing out right now.

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
ktluvsfish;4010834; said:
That is one gorgeous fish! Have you bred him yet?
Atlanta may have magical water for most SA amazon fish, but there's not enough magic water in the world for that. One nearly impossible fish to breed.

Great pics Peter!

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
Awesome. That was some pretty quick progression. Hahaha Daemon's always remind me of a pbass body, and a satanoperca head. Best of both worlds lol.

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
they look great peter! i can't wait for mine to look like that. mine are all growing nicely. what are you feeding yours?

Nemesis;4011064; said:
Awesome. That was some pretty quick progression. Hahaha Daemon's always remind me of a pbass body, and a satanoperca head. Best of both worlds lol.
lol i always thought they looked like pbass too :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store