>>>Satanoperca DAEMON<<<

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Satanoperca Daemon

I have been wanting these guys for years and I keep saying no since my local tap water is too hard for them(atleast I think so from the info I have read)

Could all the past and present owners please share their experiences with them like water hardness, WC schedules, feeding habits, etc. Please add if they are CB or WC. I would hope that captive bred could withstand slightly "harder" water like I have. I'm just trying to get a feel if I'm overreacting about my hard water and should get some or if it may be fatal to their longterm health. BTW, my GH is 12

Please post pics too if you got em! Here is one of my favorites I found on the web. They are my favorite of the Satanoperca!!!

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Ohhhh, that is sweet. Need one. Now!

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
i've never kept them but i've talked to a few people who have. some say they're just like any other eartheater. others have said they're alot more prone to HITH. it might depend on WC or CB fish or the stock you get them from

xaznkewlguyx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
asdf
I have 3 and they are all doing great with normal tap water that is conditioned.

However in the future when they are bigger and maybe breeding size I may connect some co2 to the tank to lower the pH but as of now they are happy.

I would post a picture but they aren't as nice as the picture you posted so i'm going to save my time. :)

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
xaznkewlguyx;2804898; said:
I have 3 and they are all doing great with normal tap water that is conditioned.

However in the future when they are bigger and maybe breeding size I may connect some co2 to the tank to lower the pH but as of now they are happy.

I would post a picture but they aren't as nice as the picture you posted so i'm going to save my time. :)
Your avatar looks great!

pics pics...please...

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
titansfever83;2804324; said:
Satanoperca Daemon

I have been wanting these guys for years and I keep saying no since my local tap water is too hard for them(atleast I think so from the info I have read)

Could all the past and present owners please share their experiences with them like water hardness, WC schedules, feeding habits, etc. Please add if they are CB or WC. I would hope that captive bred could withstand slightly "harder" water like I have. I'm just trying to get a feel if I'm overreacting about my hard water and should get some or if it may be fatal to their longterm health. BTW, my GH is 12

Please post pics too if you got em! Here is one of my favorites I found on the web. They are my favorite of the Satanoperca!!!
I have never had a chance to care for one of these guys before. In fact, Im pretty new to the Geos. I never cared for them until just recently when I actually paid a bit of attention to one. LOL They are very cool!

I do know that you can regulate you're water parameters to keep the maintenance up for a particular fish. Don't be afraid to get the guy you truly want! Hopefully you're LFS is cool enough to test you're water for you so you can adjust accordingly. Or buy a test kit.

It might cost you a bit to start but the products you need will last a while and keep the fish healthy long term.

Or, try to find one of these guys that would be considered tank raised so it is already used to harder conditions.

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
Chicago tap water is pretty damn hard too, but I did see them for sale in one local place recently. Last time I went back they were gone so someone must've taken them. I have never seen one as cool looking as that photo though... if they all end up that way maybe I'll try to get some eventually. (When I move I'm getting a RO filter to make my geos happier.)

Reactions: Fiberacci
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store