What is the most peaceful auriglobus

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Hmmmm... that is one species of puffer; common name Avocado Puffer / Golden Puffer...

Not sure if you are asking if its friendly or not, but would say it can be nippy and probably best kept alone...

Reactions: tlindsey

Carter020108

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2018
But there is also
Auriglobus nefastus
Auriglobus modestus
Auriglobus naritus
Auriglobus silus
auriglobus amabillis
Auriglobus remotis

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
But there is also
Auriglobus nefastus
Auriglobus modestus
Auriglobus naritus
Auriglobus silus
auriglobus amabillis
Auriglobus remotis
Sorry you are completely right, its been a crazy few weeks for me and my brain is totally fried trying to get ready to move...

Anyway, i should have said the modestus is the most common of the Auriglobus sp of puffer, the rest (at least for me) are all quite rare to find in the market which is probably why the rest slipped my mind...

Temperament between them should also be quite similar, which means expect them to be nippy and best housed alone... Even though i’ve seen people in the past mixing Modestus together, i probably wouldnt recommend it...

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
I have 5 avocado puffers in my 200 gallon ....once they get comfy they will kill anything that put in there if the other fish are not fast to evade. The only thing that has lived with them is the 5 jumbo feeders that i cycled the tank with and they pretty much get their fins nipped constantly. The puffers pretty much swim constantly and use the entire tank feom top to bottom and my tank is 4 ft tall. Mines are all pushing about 3 inches each and the biggest thing they have killed was a 7 inch oscar that disnt last an hour ( after acclimating my wife sent me to store ) i came home to abosolute wreckage.

15813194124633940506299356156257.jpg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ with a tank that size, would have been interesting to see...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store