Bloke gets Ubuntu tatoo

2j19c07.jpg

Amongst a number of other uncharacteristic decisions I’ve recently made, I went off and got myself a tattoo yesterday.

Circle of Friends

Some (geeks) may recognise it right away. For those of you that don’t, other than it being a cool design (I think so, anyway), there’s a bunch of meaning to it.

The symbol is that of Ubuntu Linux. From their website:

Ubuntu is an African word meaning ‘Humanity to others’, or ‘I am what I am because of who we all are’. The Ubuntu distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world.

It’s about community, caring, sharing, acceptance, diversity, and the ideologies that the culture embraces.

In addition to that, I’ve gone up 10 points in a) geekiness b) coolness or c) both! Hehe.

The photo doesn’t quite show it off properly yet, since the light grey areas are still a little dark (and look black). Look here to understand it better.

A big thanks to Kay from Skin Deep Tattoos who left his mark on my virgin skin.

Ya know, normally, a Corporate logo tattoo looks stupid )e.g. Zune Guy, a local guy who has a radio station, and tv station logo ON HIS FACE), but that Tatt is decent looking, simple, and kinda classy, and it's not well known enough to be obnoxious advertising, and just the location makes it look all the better. It's just plain hot :-?

Why, because it's his body?

No because he gets a tattoo and becomes news?.. was this a publicity stunt to get his 15 minutes of fame?

with that said... "sudo get_Laid" = Fail.

No because he gets a tattoo and becomes news?.. was this a publicity stunt to get his 15 minutes of fame?

with that said... "sudo get_Laid" = Fail.

I just thought it was cool he got an Ubuntu tattoo so I posted it. Maybe it is not news for you but it made me think about it. I think tattoos are cool and have long been thinking about getting one (LONG TIME). Just a bit afraid.

But why not something as cool as the Ubuntu logo? Why's it not as good as a lot of other tattoos out there?

I like the logo

But damn I hate linux - and dont understand why its heralded as it is.

Yeah - lets all jump on the bandwagon for some software that thinks its acceptable to do everything in a terminal, just like its 1983 -

its almost 2009 *nix users :rolleyes:

it's a cool logo as in i would put a bumper sticker of it on my car... but a perminante tatto is too much. next month when you switch linux distros because you realise ubuntu doesn't have that super cool software package you want... you can't just take the tatto off..

Why, because it's his body?

Indeed. Clearly he did not *only* tattoo the logo because it's from the OS Ubuntu but because of the meaning to it.

I like the logo

But damn I hate linux - and dont understand why its heralded as it is.

Yeah - lets all jump on the bandwagon for some software that thinks its acceptable to do everything in a terminal, just like its 1983 -

its almost 2009 *nix users :rolleyes:

That's the dumbest reason I've ever heard to not like Linux. When was the last time you used *nix? 1983?

You haven't used Linux for a long time, have you?
That's the dumbest reason I've ever heard to not like Linux. When was the last time you used *nix? 1983?

Still he has a point.

The majority of software is still terminal/command line based.

BTW This can turn out not so bad

Chick: "Whats that tattoo on your arm?"

This guy: "Its a symbol that means I am what I am because of who we all are"

Chick: *###### wet from deep quote*

He doesn't have to explain that its the logo of a organization; Just what it means :)