FS- DWARF BLUE CRAYFISH

Shrimp Life

Hi everyone here is a video & pics of the 1/4" little guys I have for sale now. They only grow to 1-1.25 "

They are very hardy at this size and since I have alot I like to sell them at this age. Better price for you as well. 

6 for $28 plus $12 to ship. 3 packages available.  USPS Priority Mail. Live arrival Guaranteed. I'm able to ship these next Saturday. 

Now, these are the exact baby crays I am selling. They can get somewhat duller then what you see here, depending on your water parameters. I have personally seen my blue ones turn brown the rare time, depending on the water quality. 

For reference - I keep mine in Tap water - PH 7.0 and Room temp. TDS is around 200. These are the parameters I keep them at and they are nice and Blue. The pics are taken under led lights.

BabyDwarfBlueCrays.jpg

BabyDwarfBlueCrays2.jpg

They can be kept with fish or shrimp. I have not noticed any problems. The CPO is very aggressive in my personal experience, whereas the DWARF BLUE CRAY is peaceful.

They are smaller then the CPO. Dwarf Blue Crayfish are Cambarellus Diminitus while the CPO is cambarellus patzcuarensis

Very nice. Mine are only blue when they are stressed, though most of mine are males, so they are more of an amber color most of the time. Mine are ok with each other (6males and 2 females in a 5 gallon tank), but they had a lot of fun hunting cherry shrimp when I kept them together. They would rip off their legs, until the shrimp couldn't crawl away. They are now kept by themselves.

On 4/30/2016 at 9:10 PM, seaj said:

Very nice. Mine are only blue when they are stressed, though most of mine are males, so they are more of an amber color most of the time. Mine are ok with each other (6males and 2 females in a 5 gallon tank), but they had a lot of fun hunting cherry shrimp when I kept them together. They would rip off their legs, until the shrimp couldn't crawl away. They are now kept by themselves.

Wow sounds like you have a mean bunch....lol..I kept mine with carbon rilis before and I never noticed any of that going on. Probably best to keep them on their own. i quite enjoy them in their own tank. They are very active and not shy at all. And yes males tend to be amber or dull rather then blue. My males are grey with some amber hues. The females are blue.

47 minutes ago, dazalea said:

Wow sounds like you have a mean bunch....lol..I kept mine with carbon rilis before and I never noticed any of that going on. Probably best to keep them on their own. i quite enjoy them in their own tank. They are very active and not shy at all. And yes males tend to be amber or dull rather then blue. My males are grey/amber. The females are blue.

Maybe they didn't like the food I was giving them. They also like to eat pond snails. I'm sure they would be fine with tankmates in a larger tank. They look crowded in their 5.5 gallon tank, but I can't upgrade them right now. They are definitely more interactive than shrimp, and deserving of their own tank if you have a little space.

What do you make of that backwards jumping behavior? I've seen it in my CPO at times and assumed it was stress related but haven't ever settled on a real meaning.

All the babies are blue. My males are also blue/grey. I know alot of people are saying their males are brown or their females are brown. Mine are blue. At this size its hard to tell which babies will be male or female... 

I am sold out of all shrimp for atleast a month

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2016 at 7:12 AM, dazalea said:

All the babies are blue. My males are also blue/grey. I know alot of people are saying their males are brown or their females are brown. Mine are blue. At this size its hard to tell which babies will be male or female... 

I am sold out of all shrimp for atleast a month

Still have these available?